This page lists the contributions I have coauthored in scientific journals, book chapters as well as popular scientific contributions in television, radio and magazines. The contributions are listed in reverse chronological order, and information on how much they have been cited can be found at my google scholar profile or my Researchgate profile.
International scientific journals
- Curvature corrections remove the inconsistencies of binary classical nucleation theory, Accepted for publication in Phys. Rev. Lett., (2019), A. Aasen, D. Reguera and Ø. Wilhelmsen.
- Comparing exergy losses and evaluating the potential of catalyst-filled plate-fin and spiral-wound heat exchangers in a large-scale Claude hydrogen liquefaction process, Accepted for publication in Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, (2020), G. Skaugen, D. Berstad and Ø. Wilhelmsen.
- Tolman lengths and rigidity constants from free-energy functionals—General expressions and comparison of theories, J. Chem. Phys., 151, 244710, (2019), P. Rehner, A. Aasen and Ø. Wilhelmsen.
- A consistent reduction of the two-layer
shallow-water equations to an accurate one-layer spreading model, Physics of Fluids, 31, 122103, (2019), E. H. Fyhn, K. Y. Lervåg, Å. Ervik and Ø. Wilhelmsen.
- Thermodynamic stability of droplets, bubbles and thick films in
open and closed pores, Fluid Phase Equilibria, 505, 112351, (2019), M. Gjennestad and Ø. Wilhelmsen.
- Addressing Challenges in Fabricating Reflection-
Based Fiber Optic Interferometers, Sensors, 19, 4030, (2019), M. S. Wahl, Ø. Wilhelmsen and D. R. Hjelme.
- Thermodynamic properties
of the 3D Lennard-Jones/spline model, accepted for publication in Molecular Physics, Cummings special issue, 3754-3769, (2019), B. Hafskjold, K. Travis, A. Hass, M. Hammer, A. Aasen, and Ø.
- Equation of state and force fields for Feynman–Hibbs-corrected Mie fluids. I. Application to pure helium, neon, hydrogen, and deuterium
, The Journal of Chemical Physics, 151, 064508, (2019), A. Aasen, M. Hammer, Å. Ervik, E. A. Müller and Ø. Wilhelmsen.
- Minimum entropy generation in a heat exchanger in
the cryogenic part of the hydrogen liquefaction process: On the validity of equipartition and disappearance of the highway
, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 44, 15045-15055, (2019), R. Hånde and Ø. Wilhelmsen.
- Energy efficient design of membrane processes by use of entropy production minimization, Computers & Chemical Engineering, 117, 105-116, (2018), E. Magnanelli, Ø. Wilhelmsen, E. Johannessen and S. Kjelstrup.
- Tolman lengths and rigidity constants of multicomponent fluids: Fundamental theory and numerical examples, Journal of Chemical Physics, 148, 204702, (2018), A. Aasen, E. M. Blokhuis and Ø. Wilhelmsen
- Reducing the exergy destruction in the cryogenic heat exchangers of hydrogen liquefaction processes, International journal of hydrogen energy, 43, 5033, (2018), Ø. Wilhelmsen, D. Berstad, A. Aasen, P. Nekså and G. Skaugen
- Temperature anisotropy at equilibrium reveals nonlocal entropic contributions to interfacial properties, Phys. Rev. E, 97, 012126, (2018), Ø. Wilhelmsen, T. T. Trinh and A. Lervik
- Thermodynamic modeling with equations of state: present challenges with established methods, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 56, 3503, (2017), Ø. Wilhelmsen, A. Aasen, G. Skaugen, P. Aursand, A. Austegard, E. Aursand, M. Aa. Gjennestad, H. Lund, G. Linga and M. Hammer
- Thermodynamic models to accurately describe the PVTxy-behavior of water / carbon dioxide mixtures, Fluid Phase Equilibria, 442, 125, (2017), A. Aasen, M. Hammer, G. Skaugen, J. P. Jakobsen and Ø. Wilhelmsen
- Harnessing thermoelectric power from transient heat sources: Waste heat recovery from silicon production, Energy Conversion and Management, 138, 131, (2017), I. Savani, M. H. Waage, M. Børset, S. Kjelstrup and Ø. Wilhelmsen
- The spinodal of single- and multi-component fluids and its role in the development of modern equations of state, Fluid Phase Equilibria, 436, 98, (2017), P. Aursand, M. Aa. Gjennestad, E. Aursand, M. Hammer and Ø. Wilhelmsen
- Exploring the potential for waste heat recovery during metal casting with thermoelectric generators: On-site experiments and mathematical modeling, Energy, 118, 865, (2017), M. B. Takla, Ø. Wilhelmsen, S. Kjelstrup and O. S. Burheim
- The Permselectivity and Water Transference Number of Ion Exchange Membranes in Reverse Electrodialysis, J. Membr. Sci, 523, 402, (2016), A. Zlotorowicz, R. V. Strand, O. S. Burheim, Ø. Wilhelmsen and S. Kjelstrup
- The Nasal Geometry of the Reindeer Gives Energy-Efficient Respiration, J. Nonequilibrium Thermodynamics., 42, 58, (2017), E. Magnanelli, Ø. Wilhelmsen, M. Acquarone, L. P. Folkow and S. Kjelstrup
- Heat transport through a solid-solid junction: the interface as an autonomous thermodynamic system, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 18, 13741, (2016), R. Rurali, L. Colombo, X. Cartoixà, Ø. Wilhelmsen, T. T. Trinh, D. Bedeaux and S. Kjelstrup
- Enhancing the understanding of heat and mass transport through a cellulose acetate membrane for CO2 separation, J. Membr. Sci., 513, 129, (2016), Ø. Wilhelmsen, E. Johannessen and S. Kjelstrup
- Coherent description of transport across the water interface: From nanodroplets to climate models, Phys. Rev. E, 93, 032801, (2016), Ø. Wilhelmsen, T. T. Trinh, A. Lervik, V. K. Badam, S. Kjelstrup and D. Bedeaux
- Note: A new truncation correction for the configurational temperature extends its applicability to interaction potentials with a discontinuous force, J. Chem. Phys., 144, 056101, (2016), A. Lervik, Ø. Wilhelmsen, T. T. Trinh and E. M. Blokhuis
- Response to comment on: "Communication: Tolman length and rigidity constants of water and their role in nucleation", J. Chem. Phys., 143, 217102, (2015), Ø. Wilhelmsen, D. Bedeaux and D. Reguera
- Finite-size and truncation effects for Microscopic Expressions for the Temperature at Equilibrium and Nonequilibrium, J. Chem. Phys., 143, 114106, (2015), A. Lervik, Ø. Wilhelmsen, T. T. Trinh and H. R. Nagel
- Communication: Tolman length and rigidity constants
of water and their role in nucleation, J. Chem. Phys., 143, 171103, (2015), Ø. Wilhelmsen, D. Bedeaux and D. Reguera
- Influence of Curvature on the Transfer Coefficients for Evaporation and Condensation of Lennard-Jones Fluid from Square-Gradient Theory and Nonequilibrium Molecular Dynamics, J. Phys. Chem. C, 119, 8160, (2015), Ø. Wilhelmsen, T. T. Trinh, S. Kjelstrup and D. Bedeaux
- Evaluation of finite-size effects in cavitation and droplet formation , J. Chem. Phys., 142, 064703, (2015), Ø. Wilhelmsen and D. Reguera
- Tolman length and rigidity constants of the Lennard-Jones fluid, J. Chem. Phys., 142, 064706, (2015), Ø. Wilhelmsen, D. Bedeaux and D. Reguera
- Heat and Mass Transfer across Interfaces in Complex Nano-Geometries, Phys. Rev. Lett., 114, 065901, (2015), Ø. Wilhelmsen, T. T. Trinh, S. Kjelstrup, T. S. van Erp andD. Bedeaux
- Constrained Non-Linear Optimisation of a Process for Liquefaction of Natural Gas, Including a Geometrical and Thermo-Hydraulic Model of a Compact Heat Exchanger, Computers & Chemical Engineering, 73, 102, (2014), G. Skaugen, M. Hammer, P. E. Wahl and Ø. Wilhelmsen
- Extending the Non-Equilibrium Square
Gradient Model with Temperature Dependent Influence Parameters, Phys. Rev. E, 90, 032402, (2014), E. Magnanelli, Ø. Wilhelmsen, S. Kjelstrup and D. Bedeaux
- Communication: Superstabilization of fluids
in nanocontainers, J. Chem. Phys., 141, 071103, (2014), Ø. Wilhelmsen, D. Bedeaux, S. Kjelstrup and D. Reguera
- Heat and mass transfer through Interfaces of Nanosized Bubbles/Droplets: the Influence of Interface Curvature, Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys., 16, 10573, (2014), Ø. Wilhelmsen, D. Bedeaux and S. Kjelstrup
- Phase transitions in multicomponent systems
at the nano-scale: the existence of a minimal bubble size, Adv. Nat. Sci: Nanosci. Nanotechnol., 5, 015009, (2014), Ø. Wilhelmsen, D. Bedeaux, S. Kjelstrup and D. Reguera
- Thermodynamic stability of nanosized
multicomponent bubbles/droplets: square gradient theory and the capillary approach, J. Chem. Phys., 140, 024704, (2014), Ø. Wilhelmsen, D. Bedeaux, S. Kjelstrup and D. Reguera
- Pipeline transport of CO2 - models and simulation tools, Int. J. Greenhouse Gas Control, 15, 174, (2013), P. Aursand, S. T. Munkejord, M. Hammer and Ø. Wilhelmsen
- Time Efficient Solution of Phase Equilibria in Dynamic and Distributed Systems with Differential Algebraic Equation Solvers, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 52, 2130, (2013), Ø. Wilhelmsen, G. Skaugen, M. Hammer, P. E. Wahl and J. C. Morud
- A Distributed Dynamic model of a monolith
hydrogen membrane reactor, Energy Conversion and Management, 67, 160, (2013), F. A. Michelsen, Ø. Wilhelmsen, L. Zhao and K. I. Åsen
- A flexible and robust modelling framework for multi-stream heat exchangers, Computers & Chemical Engineering, 49, 95, (2013), G. Skaugen, K. Kollsaker, H. T. Walnum and Ø. Wilhelmsen
- Characteristics of a Pipeline for CO2 Transport with Water as Surrounding Substance, Energy Procedia, 37, 3047, (2013), M. Drescher, Ø. Wilhelmsen, P. Aursand, G. de Koeijer and R. Held
- CO2Mix Project: experimental determination of thermo-physical properties of CO2-rich mixtures, Energy Procedia, 37, 2888, (2013), S. Løvseth, G. Skaugen, J. H. G. Stang, J. P. Jakobsen, Ø. Wilhelmsen, R. Span and R. Wegge
- Evaluation of SPUNG and other Equations of State for
use in Carbon Capture and Storage modelling, Energy Procedia, 23, 236, (2012), Ø. Wilhelmsen, G. Skaugen, O. Jørstad and H. Li
- Equilibrium and transport properties of CO2-N2O and CO-NO mixtures. A molecular simulation and equation of state modelling study, Fluid Phase Equilibria, 322, 66, (2012), V. Lachet, B. Creton, T. de Bruin, E. Bourasseau, N. Debiens, Ø. Wilhelmsen and M. Hammer
- Responses to: "Comments on PVTxy properties of CO2
mixtures relevant for CO2 capture, transport and storage: review of available experimental data and
theoretical models", Applied Energy, 93, 753, (2012), H. Li, J. P. Jakobsen, Ø. Wilhelmsen and J. Yan
- Viscosities, thermal conductivities and diffusion
Coefficients of CO2 mixtures: Review of experimental data and theoretical models, Applied Energy, 5, 1119, (2011), H. Li, Ø. Wilhelmsen, U. Lv, W. Wang and J. Yan
- PVTxy properties of CO2 mixtures relevant for CO2 capture, transport and storage: review of available experimental data and theoretical models", Applied Energy, 88, 3567, (2011), H. Li, J. P. Jakobsen, Ø. Wilhelmsen and J. Yan
- CO2 transport-Depressurization, heat transfer and impurities, Energy Procedia, 4, 3008, (2011), G. de Koeijer, J. H. Borch, M. Drescher, H. Li, Ø. Wilhelmsen and J. P. Jakobsen
- Energy efficient reactor design simplified by second
law analysis, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy, 35, 13219, (2010), Ø. Wilhelmsen, E. Johannessen and S. Kjelstrup
- Entropy Production Minimization with
Optimal Control Theory, Chapter 13 in Experimental Thermodynamics Volume X: Non-equilibrium
Thermodynamics with Applications, Royal Society of Chemistry, London, (2015), Ø. Wilhelmsen, E. Johannessen and S. Kjelstrup
- Properties of CO2 mixtures and impacts on Carbon Capture and
Storage, Chapter 13 in Handbook of Clean Energy Systems, Wiley, New York, (2014), H. Li, Ø. Wilhelmsen and J. Yan
Popular scientific contributions
- Article on the magical reindeer nose and how it can inspire more energy efficient process design was picked up by several national media outlets such as
Computerworld, and international media outlets such as
Arabian Post (Newspaper in the United Arab Emirates) ,
Obwaldner Zeitung (Newspaper in Germany),
DR (Broadcaster in Denmark),
Before Its News,
Daily Express (Newspaper in the UK), and several other webpages and blogs, 2016-12-25
- Article on how research on waterdroplets can contribute to improve weather forecasts and climate models was picked up by several national media outlets such as
and international media outlets such as
Chemeurope (German), and several other webpages and blogs, 2016-05-14
- Two page article in the Norwegian magazine "Aftenposten vitenskap" about our research on waterdroplets, 2016-04-25
- Interview about nanotechnology on national radio (NRK Radio), 2015-04-13
- Article in the norwegian magazines "Gemini" and "Teknisk Ukeblad" about our work: Norske forskere med store oppdagelser om nanopartikler , 2015-02-23
- Article about nanotechnology in the norwegian newspaper "Aftenposten": Lyst til å ta heisen til verdensrommet? Da trenger vi nanoteknologi, 2015-02-19
- Program for children at national television, Newton at NRK about how water freezes and the Mpemba effect, 2013-02-03